Wednesday, February 24, 2010

~~.G.R.I.M.M.~~


So, I move in cycles. Right now, I'm in a Grimm's Fairy Tales whirl. Probably has a little to do with the fire in the woods, and the images that came with it...

I'm reading the Tales to my high schoolers, and they've been aghast:

"Are you serious?"
"What?!"
"Did they not think it was strange that there was a cake house that didn't have birds all over it?!"
"How did Rapunzel eat?"
"No way, that guy couldn't shoot a fly's eye at two miles!"
"Eeeew, what kind of mother tells her daughter to cut off her toe for a man??"
"What kind of witch puts a spell on him that he's a frog until someone tries to kill him?"
"Don't these people have ladders?"

I have, too. I don't think I've ever read "King Thrushbeard" before. I love that story. It reminds me of our Prince. You should read it.

No comments: